August 14, 2023
Do you have a sinus headache or congestion?
If you have a sinus headache or congestion, massaging or holding pressure on the red points pictured above for 30-60 seconds can be helpful in alleviating pressure.
- Start with the medial end of your eyebrows (closest to your nose).
- Next massage the area on either side of the bridge of your nose just medial to the inner corner of your eyes.
- Now massage the upper corner where your nostrils meet your cheek.
- Next you will massage the area lateral to your nostrils — about 45 degrees diagonally from the previous point, and one fingers width apart.
- This last point pictured medial to the ear… we like to massage along the entire cheekbone from the nose out towards the ear.
- If you are massaging your face with a facial percussion tool or a roller, you can easily adapt this routine to accommodate your tool.
If you need more tips on acupressure massage, need help modifying your massage to use a tool or facial percussion tool, or would like to schedule an acupuncture appointment in our Santa Monica, CA clinic, please call our office (contact information below).
To schedule an appointment online click here.