August 30, 2023
Do you have poor posture?
This exercise can gently strengthen the upper back muscles along with other exercises to improve posture and reduce upper back and neck pain.
- While performing this exercise imagine that you are trying to gently hold a pencil between your shoulder blades (contracting them in towards your spine while slightly depressing your shoulders).
- As a beginner hold each position for 2-5 second count. Perform three times.
- TIP: Perform this exercise in front of a mirror to make sure you are keeping your arms in-line with your body and not in front of you or behind you.
- MODIFICATION A: Perform while lying on your back on the floor.
- MODIFICATION B: Perform while lying on your stomach.
There are many additional modifications that can be made to this exercise so that is safe and easy for you to perform. Need help? Schedule an appointment with one of our Corrective Exercise specialists. All ages welcome! Schedule Now
Sadhana Health is not prescribing this exercise. Please perform at your own discretion. If you are unsure if this activity is safe for you, please consult with your healthcare provider.